Sep 8, 2022
We're here with a bit of a contraversial topic today so I'm
gonna start this off with a content warning: in this episode we
discuss alcohol and its impacts on recovery, as well as ensuring
you have a safe and healthy relationship with alcohol. If you find
this topic triggering in any way please skip this episode and tune
back in next week.
During this podcast Elyse and I discuss:
- Signs you may have a strained relationship with alcohol from
disordered eating point of view
- Should you consume alcohol if it's just "empty calories"
- The drunkorexia phenomenon of consuming alcohol in place of
calories from food
- Like food restriction, how the restriction of alcohol in the
short term may lead to cycles of binge drinking later on
- Is it actually safe to consume alcohol in eating disorder or
hypothalamic amenorrhea recovery?
- What does a safe and moderate amount of alcohol look like?
- How both alcohol and malnutrition impact the body and liver
function in different ways
- The link between excessive alcohol consumption and missing
periods due to stress
- Whether you should challenge any unhelpful beliefs you have
around alcohol in recovery
- How alcohol may be another symptom of the "fear of losing
control" which is a common concern for those in eating disorder and
- Our own personal experiences of our relationship with alcohol
before, during and after recovery
❤️ Ready to get your period
back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic
Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program
is designed to help you recover your period while improving your
relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details
and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Take the next steps towards full
recovery by checking out our signature coaching
❤️ Work with me and my team to
improve your relationship with food and exercise by heading
to www.sarahlizking.com and
filling out the contact form.
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please
leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging
myself @sarahlizking and
I'll be sure to reshare.